Factory Talk display historical data??

thats handy.

i suppose to display this time and date on a HMI like '09 Apr 2013 17:21' would require 5 different tags (maybe uing multistate symbols for the month) and some delicate placement of your screen objects?!??

would i be right in saying that if i was to record the tag "Start_time" from your example into a log file (tag type 'RTC') for today it would have a value of something like 2013491730125 for 2013/april/9th/17:30/1 second/25 milliseconds?

thanks for the help.

would i be right in saying that if i was to record the tag "Start_time" from your example into a log file (tag type 'RTC') for today it would have a value of something like 2013491730125 for 2013/april/9th/17:30/1 second/25 milliseconds?

thanks for the help.

No, if the log-file tags have the type "RTC", they would each have the same 7-DINT structure as defined.

A tag created from a UDT such as RTC doesn't have a "value", as the UDT structure is a collection of elements, in this case 7 individual DINT values, Year, Month, Day, etc.

There is a 64-bit binary "value" that you can get from GSV, called the "CurrentValue", but since this is just a rolling count of the number of microseconds since 0000hrs on January 1st, 1970, it'll be a hard job to display it as the current Date/Time.

The developers could have included a Date/Time in STRING format for display on a HMI, but since there are so many permutations of how this could be displayed, they obviously decided to leave it up to the system programmer to display the fields "piecemeal" as you described.