Factory Talk View ME Custom Active X Controls

CobMoo

Hey All,

I am trying to do some data storing on a PanelView+ and the built in data logging doesn't quite fit my needs. I was looking into the possibility of creating my own ActiveX control for doing this. Is it possible to create custom ActiveX controls for Factory Talk? If so, are there any tutorials for doing so you recommend? Also, are there any sites that have custom ActiveX controls to download?

I realize this may not be the easiest thing to do, but if I could create my own I could use it for various machines and would make things a lot simpler in the long run.

Thanks

I didn't do an exhaustive search, but you can start here.

119862 - Custom ActiveX Control Instructions and Samples for PanelView Plus 6/ 7 and Machine Edition 6.0 and later

Access Level: Everyone
Date Created: 03/30/2011 11:02 AM
Last Updated: 03/30/2015 03:55 PM

Stu....

I know it's not the answer to your question, but you can do data logging fairly easy with AdvancedHMI and if the BasicDataLogger doesn't do what you want, you have the source code to modify to fit your needs which is much easier than trying to write an ActiveX from scratch. Also AdvancedHMI is based on the much newer technology of .NET and works with the latest versions of Visual Studio