Factory Talk View Studio Comm Set up

Kipper

I created a project in FT View Studio. The first thing I did was set up the comm at the end of the tree and added an numeric display programmed it and then verified that it work. I then finish the entire project. In my not so wise ideas I wanted to rename my Device shortcut. Now nothing will talk and its all errors. I changed the name back still no go.
Anyone help me out?
Kipp

Before attempting what I suggest below, make a backup of your application using the Application Manager.

When I renamed my device shortcut, with one of my displays open I went to the menu Tools -> Replace... I typed in the name of my old shortcut in "Find what" and the name of my new shortcut in "Replace with".

I had to do this without the Runtime running (I was using FT View SE V10, you might be using ME, I'm not sure). Also, for some reason I had to restart my computer to get rid of a couple of "ghost errors"... not sure why.