Factory Talk View Studio

prakasha

Hi,

Can anyone tell me How to add or create Refresh Button or something like that in Factory talk view studio Because every time when I do the changes in SCADA I have to close the client and re open to changes apply.

kindly Guide me is there any way to do it without changing the screen

I like to have a button that closes pages in the background. There is probably a command that actually closes all at once. However I don't know it, so I manually close the pages (except the one where the button is located).

I'm pretty sure you can create a macro that closes all displays and reopens one (your main display for instance).

The press action of my button looks like this:
Abort 14_Settings;Abort 15_Hourmeter;

The Abort command closes the display of your choice.

I assume you are using FT Studio Site Edition since you mentioned client. There are a couple methods you can use.

#1 When I am testing an application, I create an extra display. Let's call it "test". On that "test" display I add a button to open the display that I am developing. That is typically all I put on that "test" display. Just one button. Then on the display I am developing, I add a button that takes me to the "test" display. And of course that closes the display I am developing. So then when I click on the button to reopen my developed display it has been updated with any changes I have made.

#2 Create a Client Key file. This is my favorite underused tool in this software. Client keys allow you to use your keyboard to execute a command from anywhere in the client. So you could assign, say F1, to abort the all displays (abort *) and to open the desired display. I use this all the time. I typically assign F1 to open whatever the main display is. So from anywhere in the client, even if all displays have been closed, I can press F1 to get me back to my main display. Remember that you have to assign a Client key file to run when the client launches.

#3 On the display you are developing add a button to open that same display. That will refresh the screen. If for some reason it doesn't. Then add the abort command followed by the display command. But it should work without the abort.

OG

I assume you are using FT Studio Site Edition since you mentioned client. There are a couple methods you can use.

#1 When I am testing an application, I create an extra display. Let's call it "test". On that "test" display I add a button to open the display that I am developing. That is typically all I put on that "test" display. Just one button. Then on the display I am developing, I add a button that takes me to the "test" display. And of course that closes the display I am developing. So then when I click on the button to reopen my developed display it has been updated with any changes I have made.

#2 Create a Client Key file. This is my favorite underused tool in this software. Client keys allow you to use your keyboard to execute a command from anywhere in the client. So you could assign, say F1, to abort the all displays (abort *) and to open the desired display. I use this all the time. I typically assign F1 to open whatever the main display is. So from anywhere in the client, even if all displays have been closed, I can press F1 to get me back to my main display. Remember that you have to assign a Client key file to run when the client launches.

#3 On the display you are developing add a button to open that same display. That will refresh the screen. If for some reason it doesn't. Then add the abort command followed by the display command. But it should work without the abort.

OG

I didn't know about the Client Key functionality, it looks quite useful. Thanks for the tip!