factory view talk newb

khewes

hello,
Ive never used factory talk before, working on a project that has a close deadline

im getting errors expression contains tag that has an error value

im trying to create multistate indicators that read boolean data types

If {[Omni]OP_20_Complete} Then 0 Else
If {[Omni]OP_20_Running} Then 1 Else
If {[Omni]OP_20_error} Then 2 Else 3

ive refreshed all folders in tag connections
not sure why its not working please help

Capture.PNG

are there errors showing up in your diagnostic window can you post the actual error

Select All Programs > Rockwell Software > FactoryTalk Tools > Diagnostics Viewer

and what are the value of your actual tags at the moment, for troubleshooting I would also put a numeric display with your tags to make sure the data is actually getting to you as expected

are there errors showing up in your diagnostic window can you post the actual error

Select All Programs > Rockwell Software > FactoryTalk Tools > Diagnostics Viewer

and what are the value of your actual tags at the moment, for troubleshooting I would also put a numeric display with your tags to make sure the data is actually getting to you as expected

should i put the numeric display in rs logix or factory view?

in rs logix they are never all 1 at same time,
never all 0 at same time

snapshot Diagnostics viewer is attached

Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

Put the numeric display in FTView. Basically, your errors are telling you that FTView can't find the tag in the PLC. By using just a numeric display you removed the complexity of your "IF ELSE" expression.

How are you getting your tag names? Are you picking them through the explorer thing or typing them in yourself?

Double check your IP address and communication settings. Is your PLC actually at 192.168.160.2...? I'd try to expand your columns to double check the IP address listed in the fault.

What keshik said by using just a numeric display on your HMI "factorytalk" to look at your bit you remove all complexity and can verify you are getting the expected results from there you can start to build your expression.

biggest thing with HMI is getting the connection to your data sorted after that it's easy street

that instantly got stuck in my head and I didn't even click the link thanks for that.

I wonder how the original song writers feel about that being used for torture

Put the numeric display in FTView. Basically, your errors are telling you that FTView can't find the tag in the PLC. By using just a numeric display you removed the complexity of your "IF ELSE" expression.

How are you getting your tag names? Are you picking them through the explorer thing or typing them in yourself?

Double check your IP address and communication settings. Is your PLC actually at 192.168.160.2...? I'd try to expand your columns to double check the IP address listed in the fault.

im typing them in myself... must i pick them thru the explorer?

also the ip address is correct

Did you validate your expression when you created it. The Check Syntax Button in the expression editor.

Start by figuring out why the tags are "unresolved". That usually means that they don't exist in the processor, or that your shortcut doesn't point to the processor.

Are there any tags that do work ?

Had a similar problem awhile back...
Are your tags declared globally (project-wide)? Check the scope... you may have to add a routine reference to your FTV expression.

Good luck!