FactoryTalk View- Difficult time getting a Ramp Pushbutton to work

Cydog

Good Morning ,

I'm trying to get a Ramp Pushbutton to work in a way that when the operator either presses the ramp button once or he keeps his finger on the ramp button that I get pulses that will go thru a ONS , consistently . I tried to set up a ramp to try it , but I'm having a hard time understanding it. I found tech notes , and the help for it , but I still don't truely understand it. I am correct in thinking that when the operator keeps their finger on it , it will continue pulsing on and off , correct ? What type of setting would I want to accomplish this ?

Thanks so much for your help ,

It isn't so much pulsing as it is adding to the destination tag. The tag itself doesn't pulse on and off. It simply says that as long as the button is depressed add "x" value to the tag at the specified interval.

The action of the button is an "output" (an action) where it sounds like you are treating it as an input that toggles on and off.

OG

Honestly, I try to do everything I can in the PLC vs with the HMI software. The PLC just has a lot more flexibility. Wouldn't be hard to set up a rung that starts a TON when they push the button (and use the TON DN bit in an XIO so it resets itself and keeps running if they continue to hold it down), have the PRE at 500-1000ms, and have it add whatever value to the destination tag every time the timer DN bit turns on.

You could fairly easy even set up logic to have the value added/subtracted increase the longer they hold the button down if they have a large range they have to move around in.