FactoryTalk View Hotkey

frorge

Does anyone know if you can program hot keys or shortcuts for common button or features in factorytalk view? I've searched but to no avail. TIA

ME

I see what you are referring to, but I can only see how to assign F Keys for use in runtime. But i'm talking about hotkeys to create programs. Much like you have in AutoCAD, shortcuts to allign, arrange, create push button, etc....

Thanks

No. The Studio software does not have means to customize the key functionality beyond the built-in hotkeys.

Yes, the "runtime" Station environment can assign uses to the "F" and "K" keys in the Machine Edition. SE allows for even more, but still only in Station, not Studio.

I remember running across a freeware or shareware software utility that allowed you to create keyboard macros for different programs. But its been ages since I saw that. There may still be something out there.

OG

ME

I see what you are referring to, but I can only see how to assign F Keys for use in runtime. But i'm talking about hotkeys to create programs. Much like you have in AutoCAD, shortcuts to allign, arrange, create push button, etc....

Thanks

If you click on the different items on the menu bar you will notice that in the drop down menus all the available keyboard shortcuts corresponding to the different options are given.