Finding unused addresses in Proficy ME 6.5

unsaint33

I am using Proficy Machine Edition 6.5 for a PLC. In a ladder logic program, I need to assign a register to a timer value. But, how do I find which addresses are unused in the program so far?

In the project navigator window, open the list of variables and sort them by address. Look for gaps in address.
You can also find the highest unused address by simply typing %R when assigning an address to your timer in ladder logic. That method won't fill in gaps, it will just assign the next highest address. It works for all memory types.

In the project navigator window, open the list of variables and sort them by address. Look for gaps in address.
You can also find the highest unused address by simply typing %R when assigning an address to your timer in ladder logic. That method won't fill in gaps, it will just assign the next highest address. It works for all memory types.

I would also maybe recommend also doing "Delete Unused" by going to "Variables" on the Toolbar... to get rid of any addresses that are not used...before you look for gaps.
When you delete an address from the logic...it remains in the variable table, so a lot of "garbage" can remain in the variable table.