Firewall settings for Tia portal.

Thinking that your laptop needs to see mac addressing also for connection.

Firewalls by defaul usually blocks macs.

https://support.industry.siemens.co...e-ip-address-of-plc/221577?page=0&pageSize=10

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that part. You definitely won't be able to do the profinet browse through a router, and you might not be able to use the PN/IE transfer for the HMI at all.

You might need to switch to the Ethernet transfer, which would need to be done both on the HMI and in Portal.

DL method and MAC shouldn't affect Smartserver, but will definitely affect going online & Downloads.

Similar Topics

Rockwell Tech Support seemed to have hit a wall with this question. Already updated the version to 5.00.13 per their suggestio but am still...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm working on a laptop that needs FactoryTalk Activation Manager installed on it as a host along with a Hyper-V VM client on the same...
Replies
Views
I have developed a WinCC Flexible runtime in TIA V17 which is to display data from 7x S7-300 plc's and 1x S7-1500 plc. The runtime sits on a newly...
Replies
Views
We are trying to setup remote PLC's (Compactlogix) to talk through the ICX35. I was able to configure the ICX35 and get it on the cellular...
Replies
Views
Good Morning. Our local IT group has been trying to get some of my PLCs online with the plant network so I can remotely access. They are...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom