First Tech Connect Contract...

AutomationTechBrian

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've gotten enough Allen Bradley work this year to justify getting a Tech Connect contract. The only thing I've done so far is upgrade my FT View from version 10 to v11. That alone solved an issue I had trying to open a customer's Panelview Plus file. But that's about all I've done with it. Just like any other tool, I need to get fluid in how to utilize it. I'm curious, what have you done to get the full benefit? I have not received any kind of info packet on it. Are there bookmarks that you like to have on your browser for referencing the different areas? Is there anything else I might like to know about the benefits?

I've gotten enough Allen Bradley work this year to justify getting a Tech Connect contract. The only thing I've done so far is upgrade my FT View from version 10 to v11. That alone solved an issue I had trying to open a customer's Panelview Plus file. But that's about all I've done with it. Just like any other tool, I need to get fluid in how to utilize it. I'm curious, what have you done to get the full benefit? I have not received any kind of info packet on it. Are there bookmarks that you like to have on your browser for referencing the different areas? Is there anything else I might like to know about the benefits?

Rockwell's customer help search has gotten really good recently.
Also, if you have phone support I have their direct dial numbers on my phone.
You should receive an "Tech connect Agreement" document that lists some benefits. Also, get your existing licenses migrated into your techconnect agreement. This will make activation nicer by a little bit.

The first thing to do, which will take a few days, is go to Rockwell's Download Center and download every version of all programming you can. Then go to the free downloads and get every firmware version for every piece of hardware you may ever encounter.

A nice 2 Terabyte USB hard drive to carry with you that has all of them, and copies of every program you have ever written or worked on, is good to have with you.

The first thing to do, which will take a few days, is go to Rockwell's Download Center and download every version of all programming you can. Then go to the free downloads and get every firmware version for every piece of hardware you may ever encounter.

A nice 2 Terabyte USB hard drive to carry with you that has all of them, and copies of every program you have ever written or worked on, is good to have with you.

Now that sounds like a good Winter storm project! By then I might have a better handle on what my needs are, and will be.

We have the basic contract that allows us to use the downloads area and knowledge base. This has generally been enough to get us through.