Flashing a PLC

Psapkota

Hello all!
I have a 5069 -L310ers2 plc that has A1 and A2 Ethernet port.
I connected to A1 port while flashing the plc and it was successful.
The plan is to have plant network on A1 and controls network on A2.
I have my all Ethernet devices such as Aent and vfd on A2.
But when I connect From A2 to switch, I cannot go online with the plc but when I connect from A1 to switch, I can go online. But none of my Ethernet devices come online on that time.
What could be the reason?
Does it even matter if we flash plc from A1 or A2 port?
Thank you

When you're connected via USB, change port A1 setting to Dhcp and apply. Then change port A2 setting to static with the IP for your machine network.

Last edited:
How have you configured the Ethernet ports, have you configured the ports as dual ip or single ip?
I didn’t change settings on that one… I checked the properties of A1 and A2 and it says A1/A2 Dual-IP for both A1 and A2 Ethernet.
Do I still need to configure the ports?

Last edited:
You can flash from any of the ports (A1, A2, USB). Chapter 9 of the manual covers this in detail:

Are you in Dual IP mode? Do you have a diagram of the network in question you can share?
I don’t have the diagram as of now…the diagram just shows A1 to customer network and A2 to controls….
But I don’t have to connect to customer network now…And I think I am in dual mode… as it shows A1/A2 dual mode on properties