Free HMI Software???

Kevin Jimenez said:
If we use VB:
*Would RSLinx be used as the server?
*If so, what drivers need to be configured?(For the 1784-KTX card)
*Can you give me an example of what the VB code is if I create a single form with a single command button and with that button I wish to energize B3:0/0, for example?

1. RSLinx is not needed at all. If you use the Automated Solutions ocx it will not work with RSLinx running because Linx does not like to share ports.

2. We used the InGear driver, but switched to one by Automated Solutions, I wish I could remember why, but there was a reason at the time. We have had good support with A.S. and they have DH+ and Ethernet OCX's. You can configure the PKTX through VB code or use the utility that comes with the software. There is a one time fee for the OCX and you can develope as many .exe's as you wish.

3. I do not have example code, but you can check the Automated Solutions WEB site. Read/Write operations are basically a matter of setting a few properties like DH Station Address, Memory Address , Read or Write, Number of Words to Read. Then trigger it and wait for the event to fire with a result. There is a demo version of this and source code on their site.

Kevin Jimenez said:
Hi
Does anyone know of a free PC based HMI Software? I've searched the web and all I can find are demos with restrictions.

if you can use Modbus/TCP Lintouch may be what you are looking for. There has been a Windows version availabe for a while now and it works like any other HMI package ( building screens with a gui interface, etc. No coding necessary...unless you want to develop a module for AB or Siemens using libraries already available ).