G308 -> csmstrsx

DLMUK

Hi all,

I am trying to connect a CSMSTRSX (with a CSINI8 attached) to a G308 via the ethernet ports.

I have set my G308 as a Modbus TCP/IP master (under the communications tab > Ethernet Protocol 1). The IP address of the G308 is configured manually to 192.168.1.20.

I have set the CSMSTRSX IP to 192.168.1.23. Under the commications tab I have set up Ethernet Protocol 1 to Modbus TCP/IP Slave.

I have two inputs into my CSINI8 module, both 4-20mA. I have created two gateway blocks in my CSMSTRSX for these, #1 is 400050 and #2 is 400060. I have mapped the inputs (PV1 and PV2) from CH1 and CH2 of the CSINI8 to these gateway blocks. (device direction is set as G3 to Device - but to my knowledge this is irrelevant as my CSMSTRSX is a slave device - it will also not allow me to change this).

I have created two data tags on my G308 to get their values from the CSMSTRSX in holding registers 400050 and 400060.

However when I turn it all on I get no input to the G308 from the CSMSTRSX. The lights on the ethernet ports are not flashing at all.

I have checked both devices by loading the database via ethernet and they worked. I have checked my inputs and they are both present and correct.

To me it seems like the two devices simply are not communicating but I cannot think why not. Its been a while since i've used Red Lion.

any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

What is your ping holding register set for?

Are you connected directly with a crossover cable or going through a switch?