GE-9030 HARDWARE CONFIGURATION USING CMM302 GENIUS MODULE; Quickpanel JR upgrade

Thank You for ALL the input. I will keep Y'all updated. I still need to finish the PCM research report from last time. I'm trying to pass on what little I know to a couple younger guys in this area... pass the baton as it were. I also want to give back to this forum. I've learned a lot from Y'all for years ... quietly in the back ground.

I'm looking for a note I found January 20, 2015 regarding the QP-JR *not* allowing upload. I'll post it soon, it was in one of the PDF's.
...AND... (drum roll) ... correction on the rule of 3's and QP-JR's: This one for LNAS is 2... January 20 was 1, yesterday was 3... wow. Through the years we'd go for months with no calls on a particular brand or type of control, we'd get one, then two, then three ... rule of threes (within three weeks or so) weird or what :)

EXCERPT from this manual: (PAGE 2)
http://www.profaceamerica.com/sites/default/files/quickpanel_and_panlelstation_migration_guide_e.pdf
QuickDesigner Software Revision History
QuickDesigner PanelStation/QuickPanel Model Numbers Supported
1.x to 2.4 Supports QPx-1xxxx-xxx models (No upload project capability)
2.2 to 3.4 Supports QPx-2xxxx-xxx models
3.32 to 3.4 Supports QPx-3xxxx-xxx models
3.6 Supports QPX-3xxxx-xxx and QPI,QPL,QPG-CtxE-0000 Models
3.7 Supports QPX-3xxxx-xxx and QPx-CtxE-0000 Models
(includes QPK-CtxE-0000
Now at first glance it looks like that version of software does not support uploading, but then I noticed the comment is in regards to "QPx-1" and in this case on 01.20.2015 I was working on a machine that had a QPJ1D100L2P unit.
So this is where I ASSumed the JR. et al was not uploadable.

QUESTION FOR Y'ALL: Has ANYONE out there in PLC-LAND uploaded code from a QuickPanel Jr. I know I have done so with QuickPanel but cannot remember if I have from a JR. And if I did from a JR. was it ever a QPJ1?

ALSO- I HAVE LOST 2 OR 3 POST SO FAR TODAY AND THE OTHER DAY SEVERAL. WHEN I CLICK POST IT SUDDENLY SAYS I'M NOT ONLINE THEN I GO ONLINE AND POOF... MY TYPING IS GONE TO ETHER ... ANY WORK AROUNDS FOR THIS?

EXCERPT from this manual: (PAGE 2)
http://www.profaceamerica.com/sites/default/files/quickpanel_and_panlelstation_migration_guide_e.pdf
QuickDesigner Software Revision History
QuickDesigner PanelStation/QuickPanel Model Numbers Supported
1.x to 2.4 Supports QPx-1xxxx-xxx models (No upload project capability)
2.2 to 3.4 Supports QPx-2xxxx-xxx models
3.32 to 3.4 Supports QPx-3xxxx-xxx models
3.6 Supports QPX-3xxxx-xxx and QPI,QPL,QPG-CtxE-0000 Models
3.7 Supports QPX-3xxxx-xxx and QPx-CtxE-0000 Models
(includes QPK-CtxE-0000
Now at first glance it looks like that version of software does not support uploading, but then I noticed the comment is in regards to "QPx-1" and in this case on 01.20.2015 I was working on a machine that had a QPJ1D100L2P unit.
So this is where I ASSumed the JR. et al was not uploadable.

QUESTION FOR Y'ALL: Has ANYONE out there in PLC-LAND uploaded code from a QuickPanel Jr. I know I have done so with QuickPanel but cannot remember if I have from a JR. And if I did from a JR. was it ever a QPJ1?

ALSO- I HAVE LOST 2 OR 3 POST SO FAR TODAY AND THE OTHER DAY SEVERAL. WHEN I CLICK POST IT SUDDENLY SAYS I'M NOT ONLINE THEN I GO ONLINE AND POOF... MY TYPING IS GONE TO ETHER ... ANY WORK AROUNDS FOR THIS?
As I said, if the QP Jr. is new enough it can be stored on the unit. Of course it needs enough free RAM too.

If you actually have a QPx1, you are stuck with QuickDesigner ver. 2x and very limited. That software is available to download on the GE-IP web site but it only runs in DOS.

Again, the "Correct" information in your question will get you the BEST answer available.

junior.jpg

Last edited:
EXCERPT from this manual:
Type faster or develop your posts offline in a Word-Processor and copy-n-paste. :rolleyes:

I took a look at the Logicmaster files you posted.
The "M1" PLC is Genius device #0. It broadcasts 16 words from %R497 - %R512 on the Genius bus. It receives 16 words from Genius device #31 and puts that data into %R513 - %R528. It receives 8 words of data from each of three additional devices on the Genius network with Genius device addresses #1, #2, and #3. It puts the 8 words it receives from Genius device #1 at %R401 - 408. It puts the data it receives from Genius device #2 at %R409 - %R416. It puts the data it receives from Genius device #3 at %R417 - %R424.
Thus far we don't know anything about Genius devices #1, #2, or #3 other than that they are capable of broadcasting 8 words of data.
It is possible that what you have identified as the slave rack is acting as a remote I/O rack. There are five modules installed. If, for example four of the modules were 16-point discrete inputs and one is a four channel analog input, that would be 8 words of data. So that rack could be Genius device #1 (or #2 or #3) and there could be two more racks similar to it that you haven't discovered yet.
At any rate, you will need to connect to that remote rack with Logicmaster and upload the program from it. You will also need to locate the other two missing Genius devices and get their details as well.

Thank You Steve! I'm forcing myself on GE-ZENITH right now to give some attention in the name of LNAS. I want EVERYTHING they have for this ATS. If necessary I may have to let the Naval Air Station yell at them directly. If any of the components die, no more emergency power for the hospital, well... except manually. I'll let you know what I find out.
I am also looking for previous versions of QuickDesigner. I have the latest: version 3.70 I am looking for versions 1 through 2 and 3 leading up to 3.70. I was on the phone with ProFace ... they have nothing. The GE-IP site only has SIMS for versions within 3. I know the earlier ones were DOS... I don't care. I have one model which is QuickPanel Jr. 1 which requires DOS ... it still is not uploadable I think though.

I was also looking for that software that Russ mentioned: MAX-ON. I found manuals, no downloads.

Greetings Gentlemen,

I backed up some existing systems for a client. Here are the basics:
1- GE9030 MASTER RACK WITH CPU331; end of rack has Genius CMM302. The cable goes to the next SLAVE rack with no CPU.
2- Same as above
These two master slave setups are running in a redundant fashion, that is if one fails the other takes over. I backed up the code in both CPU's.

This was last week. Today, I'm making notes for recommendations to this client for further planning regarding backups. This is a GE-ZENITH Y517 Automatic Transfer Switch.

Questions:
In the office here I noticed there is no hardware config file, so I started up the Remote IO Manager AKA Hardware Config manager, and imported the CPUCFG.CFG and IOCFG.CFG files for each program in their respective folders for each program: Y517M1 and Y571M2. I opened the new file I saved: Y517M1.hwcfg (and the one for Y517M2) and each one of the files shows the MAIN RACK, no problem. BUT.... where in the heck is the SLAVE rack? It should be shown on the Rack 1 tab (?) !!! Or am I missing something BECAUSE .... it is not an expansion rack system like I am used to seeing, but rather the slave rack is cabled to the GENIUS CMM302.

Does any one out there in PLCTALK.NET world know anything about this kind of configuration?

Was I supposed to backup the hardware config onsite and I neglected to do so?

Or... is the CMM302 another can of worms? That is, I have to back up the config another way?

Or... do I have to manually enter the hardware config on TAB 1 of each of my backup configuration files?

SAME PROJECT- DIFFERENT QUESTION:

The HMI is a TCP QUICKPANEL JR. They are NOT uploadable. I have put in a request to the OEM for backup code (as well as annotated code for LM90). Assuming I get the code, should I work with PROFACE to upgrade to a newer supportable HMI for backup? I looked on eBay and the prices of the Quickpanel Jr. are getting ridiculous and the selection looks scary.

What HMI would Y'all recommend for an upgrade path. I need to treat this client well. It is in fact the Naval Air Force.

Thanks in Advance for ANY comments or suggestions.

Byron
HI Dear
please we have problem with cpu 374 plus GE FANUC
RUN DISABLED how to solve this problem with (EOK,LAN&STAT blinking unison)
HAMZA

Thank You Steve! I'm forcing myself on GE-ZENITH right now to give some attention in the name of LNAS. I want EVERYTHING they have for this ATS. If necessary I may have to let the Naval Air Station yell at them directly. If any of the components die, no more emergency power for the hospital, well... except manually. I'll let you know what I find out.
I am also looking for previous versions of QuickDesigner. I have the latest: version 3.70 I am looking for versions 1 through 2 and 3 leading up to 3.70. I was on the phone with ProFace ... they have nothing. The GE-IP site only has SIMS for versions within 3. I know the earlier ones were DOS... I don't care. I have one model which is QuickPanel Jr. 1 which requires DOS ... it still is not uploadable I think though.

I was also looking for that software that Russ mentioned: MAX-ON. I found manuals, no downloads.
As I said before, you do NOT need Max-On for the LNAS system you will not find it as a download either.

I can get you QuickDesigner 2.x (don't recall the version) if you already have 3.7 you will NOT need any other version to support ALL QuickPanels newest through oldest.

Thanks to RussB and Steve Bailey!
I received all of the code I wanted from GE-ZENITH. I also am set for all of the older QuickPanels, thanks Russ. ...doh... I already had the software, did not know how to install it ...doh... I put it on a W98 laptop.

I told y'all I'd share the end result.

They are too big to upload. I'll PM a link.

Just out of curiosity, who is GE-Zenith?

Here is some of the contact information contained in a couple of emails I got:
Peggy Lee
Customer Service Representative
GE Critical Power
T +1 800-637-1738 x 3
F +1 773 247 5036
[email protected]
www.gedigitalenergy.com
830 West 40th Street
Chicago, IL 60609 United States
GE Zenith Controls Inc.
GE imagination at work
"Duncan, Rudolph (GE Energy Management)" <[email protected]>

If you look in the PDF files I sent you a link for, there is more information.
GE was/is hooked up with Zenith in the Generator ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch) business. From what I read online they had a LOT of layoffs lately.

I think they are still in business, but have downsized and are sending some of the guys over seas to drum up business, from what I can see...

Attached is a picture of their one of their onsite location signs with bushes encroaching upon it.

ge_zenith_sign.JPG