GE PCM301 strage behaviour

sapoleon

Hi again.
I'm trying a couple of modules of PCM 301 for GE90-30. We need them to read some load cells connected to a DAT500. We make a small basic program, and with it read the weight.
We are using PCOP, the DOS program to make the configuration of the PCM, and to write the basic program.
The thing is, we were doing OK, we had connection to the module, and everything was looking good, and without advice, and after a reboot of the modules (we have 2 same behaviour) I coudn't connect again to them... I have checked the modules, the serial ports, (from 2 laptops, one with DOS and the other with win98 on a VM),I redo the cable, and check the previous, without any success.

Any new ideas will be greatly appreciated. Or any comment.

Thanks

When you rebooted the PCM, how long did you hold the reset button on the PCM? Hold it for less than 5 seconds and it launches the default Basic program. Hold it for longer than five seconds and it goes into programmable mode.

Also, which choice did you select for the PCM in the PLC's hardware configuration?

Steve,
the PCM is in Basic mode.
I hold a couple of times for less than 5 seconds, and the program was running OK.
Then I hold it for more than 5 seconds, and did not work anymore. At the end, I hold it for more than 10 seconds that it is to restore factory defaults, and also didn't help.

OK, new status.
One of the PCM does not work. definetively.
The other is OK, the problem was the cable of the PCM. When we change it from one to the other we get that...

Order IC641SWP061 Series 90 PCM Development Software (PCOP) from your GE distributor or rep.