Ge-9030 pcm301 barcode application issues

Cycling power to the PLC generates a soft reset of the PCM. A soft reset triggers a run command to the default program on the PCM module. All of those lines following the copyright notice are generated by PRINT statements within the Basic.PGM program.

The PCM module is a small computer on its own. It runs its own operating system called VTOS (Virtual Terminal Operating System I think).

PCOP is programming software for the PCM module that lets you take advantage of the full feature set of the module, but it is not necessary as long as you have a program called Basic.PGM resident on the PCM module. It is a DOS application that is generally called from Logicmaster.

If you are willing to call your program Basic.PGM all you need to program the module is a terminal emulator program such as Termf or HyperTerminal.

It's always good to hear from another person out there on the leading edge of obsolete technology. Good luck at the customer site.

Thank You again Steve! And everyone else... I got it working at the customer's site. They are very happy which means more work.
Have a great new roman year.
Byron
(y)

GEIP still has the Megabasic File Do a Search for RTUM
http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=kbchannel&id=S:KB6701&actp=search

I see you were able to get it working from the help but for information here is some extra information. I spent many painstaking hrs so I know what you went through.. Anyway here is the txt that comes with the file..

Thanks for the followup. Yes it took some time... but I still love the legacy automation systems and software... it is a great challenge. In the long run these kind of projects keep me going mentally and I always learn more about automation. I don't charge my clients for learning curve... I tell them it is cheaper than city college or night class :)

Often I will spot an old system at a client's while there for something else. I then go on eBay, buy a rack for testing, get the software, make the cables then tell the client his old system needs backed up. I did this recently with Shilin. I did it with Westinghouse and Cutler Hammer and on and on... more like a hobby with me.

I just received a 5.25" floppy drive yesterday via FEDEX. Tomorrow I receive the USB control board for the 5.25" floppy and next week I receive a set of the ORIGINAL disks and manual for MebaBasic by Christopher Cochran!!! Why? Why not? I have clients that still have 8" floppies and lots of PC DOS and MS DOS.

Happy new roman year to you all! (y)

sjohnson: Thanks for the tips. I downloaded the zip file for safe keeping.
Today I started a new thread regarding:

LM90-OIU_MENU.BAT

If you know anything about it, go to the new thread and tell us... thanks.

Byron