GE PME to 9070 Comms

itsme

Greetings to all:

I am having trouble communicating to a 90-70 PLC via Ethernet using PME 8.6. I am able to ping the PLC and the HMI's (Wonderware) are all communicating correctly. My laptop IP address is on the same LAN as the 90-70 enet module. When I try to connect, the software immediately starts retrying and will not connect.

I can connect to other PLC's at the same site on the same network, 90-30, vmax and RX3i but there are 2 90-70's that do the same thing. I can communicate serially. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks ahead of time for any information that you can provide.

I sounds like those 90-70's have the old ?"MAP"? Ethernet modules in them. Get the part number of the module and send it to CIMTEC (the current owners of this product line) to see if there is an upgrade for it.
What protocol is WanderWhere using to talk to them?

Last edited:
The Wonderwhere is communicating using the DASGESRTP server and the Enet Cards are the CMM742 Type 2 modules Rev FE which should be the newer ones.

CMM742-FE is Ver 2.60 the last one on the GEIP site is 2.90 Maybe it needs a firmware update?

But you may want to verify that this will not break the Wanderwhere communications. And check with CIMTEC that the hardware is capable of using this version.

You can find the download here: DN52: IC697CMM742 - Series 90-70 Type 2 Ethernet Module
You will need your GESSO for this.

Last edited:
I have not connected this laptop to this particular 90-70. I have had this laptop connected to others of similar vintage and older.

Look at the PLC's fault table, it may give you a hint.
Can you disconnect the SCADA temporarily, it may have all channels tied up?
Could there be a bad piece of cable or bad port on a switch?
Can you ping the PLC from the PC running PME?