Gear changes' effect on motor current

Kev77; said:
@Okiepc, I can't wait for the OKC and the Lakers, sending Kobe home early will be sweet! But then the Heat will take it all...

?

have you not heard of the Spurs?

They are considered a favorite in the matchup against the Thunder, even by Homers Newbies here like me, who know little to nothing about Basketball. I couldn't watch the sport until I went a little deaf in the high frequency ranges.

Too much squeaking...reminds me of work and makes my subconscious nag me to look for a grease gun...I love listening to games while doing other things, and the fights needed my eyes more than ears...Matt Pinto on the Sports Animal...I can listen to that station 2-3 hours a day and get pumped up for radio like an old man in the '20's

PG13 Warning: Football season is just around the corner though...

Last edited:
I think the Spurs are a little old and will be out of gas! I was a Laker fan until Shaq was pushed out. Now I am a Blazers fan even with the performance of this seaon. Basketball on the radio is the best. I listen to the even when I am watching it on tv.

I listen to the even when I am watching it on tv.

I want to do that for college football, but the delay messes it up. I downloaded a free app to add a delay to the audio, but I haven't set up the right cables to do that. I think I am going to invent pand-do-it crown molding and baseboards, and end my cable night mares once and for all.

Last edited:
OK, back on topic...(maybe)

I've got a question on how you approach sizing the correct drive for the application.

Let's say that you have a 80 ft long 24" wide belt conveyor and the belt is on rollers. The driven roll is 12" and the target speed is 100 FPM. The motor will be a 1750 RPM and the overall ratio will be 50:1. The conveyor will carry about 70 cu/ft of wet saw dust at about 18 lbs per cu/ft. What is the ft/lbs needed to do the job? I know how to find the HP required when the torque is supplied.

Sorry OkiePC, I hope I am not stealing your thread.

o_O

If you make the crown molding, I'll buy it!