TwinSAFE with SEW Movigear CBS51A

nightline

Gents,

We have several machines where we use 1 till 25 baseplates to make products.
Depending on the type of product, we use more or less baseplates.
Every baseplate has 4 SEW Movigear motors with the CBS51A safety option.

Our PLC is a Beckhoff TwinCAT with TwinSAFE, and so we use Safety over EtherCAT.

The problem is now that we never know which baseplate will be connected where on the machine, and so we don't have a fixed configuration in the SafetyPLC.

The Safety FSoE addresses in TwinSAFE need to be the same as at the connected motors. But as explained before, we don't know which motors will be connected on forehand.

I've try to work around this issue!

I've tried to write the FSoE address of the motor with a startup list parameter, but this isn't accepted by the motor.

So the question is:
is there a way to read the motor FSoE address at the moment when we connect this motor, and write this address in the TwinSAFE project?

Thanks in advance!

Jack

Gents,

I've made some progress today while I was at SEW in Rotterdam with my configuration with the 2 test motors. Together with an engineer of SEW we found out that it is possible to use the same FSoE and BusCrc address for each of the motors.
It's needed to set the Safe Addres Verification of the Target System to "Allow multiple usage".

The only problem which is left, is that we not always use the full configuration of motors which are configured as Alias Devices in the TwinSafeGroup.

The guestion is: is there a way to disable not connected Alias Devices in the TwinSafeGroup?

Thanks in advance!

Jack

Use the inhibit checkbox if not using that motor on your io config tree. Maybe there is a tag associated with the inhibit checkbox that could be used to disable code that is looking at that motor?