Gear Motors

DickDV said:
This is really a braking application.

a DC motor capable of that torque in reverse as well as forward. Then a reversing-regen drive if such a thing exists at 90VDC.

Yes they exist.

Control Techniques, formerly Emerson Industrial makes a FOCUS RG that is 110 or 230 volt regen and has tach feedback capabilities.

They are good for .25 to 2 hp.

The drive Leadfoot mentions is exactly the solution to the problem.

Or, it occurs to me that a 230VAC 3 phase AC motor would also work rather nicely since, when overhauled, it regens to the line and would reach its rated torque in braking at about +2% slip.

If three phase AC is available and +/-2% speed error is ok, a three phase AC motor would do the job without any drive--simply a mag starter.

Similar Topics

I need to have two pieces of equipment to run in sync. although one motor runs with a 5:1 gearbox and another has a 15:1 gearbox.How can I make...
Replies
Views
Has someone tried MC_TorqueLimiting along with MC_GearIn , on a Siemens S120 axis , controlled by an S7-1500T plc ? If we limit the torque ...
Replies
Views
Hello Everybody, Recently we changed the gearbox which has different ratio than the original one on a motor which is controlled by Micromaster...
Replies
Views
Hello, Does anyone know the preset thermal limits for SEW Movigear SNI B drives. Randomly experience overtemperatures of the heatsink of the...
Replies
Views
Gents, We have several machines where we use 1 till 25 baseplates to make products. Depending on the type of product, we use more or less...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom