Getting RTC data from PV300 to Micro 830

LVarga

Hi Guys,

Is there any way to get the real time clock datafrom the PV300 to the Micro 830 ? I have figured out how to communicate from the PV to the 830 but I don't know how to trigger this action. Or maybe I should try to read from the PLC the data from the PV... but I don't know how. I am using CIP communication.
Any idea would be very helpfull.

Thanks,
Laszlo

I found Knowledge Base Article "456864 - Micro800 Quick Start Real Time Clock (RTC)" it talks about about the Memory/RTC module. Take a look and see if it helps.

Here is another KB Article "494822 - Working with 2080-MEMBAK-RTC plug-in module" It has even more info

Thanks a lot. Actually I have found how to do it, the PV300 has the RTC buit in and I could link the data to the PLC directly.
The problem is in case of power failure, the PV will looses the time because it has no battery.... So I may need to buy an extra RTC plug in for the 830.

Last edited:
Here is what I have done. The hour and minute variables are added to the Global connections tab and also in the External tabs are linked to the controller (Grimbergen in this case).

PV2.jpg PV1.jpg

Last edited: