grounding

memories

Assuming you are using the old 6AU6 tube drivers.

Wow! Rod, I remember as a Teen determined to improve my Signal Strength, I worked hard to get a single 8874 transmitting tube power supply to work. I didnt know when I purchased the tube (valve) it required 2Kv on the plate for bias!. I still have the vacuume capacitor in my junk box. Got it working and moved on to The Heathkit Apache, it had TWO 6146 finals. LOL... I think the ol Viking transmitter with the 8874 amp is long gone, but the memories of 6AU6 and the tube in general will last my lifetime. By the way, the 400 watts of the Viking and the 8874 never improved my contact QSO numbers and didnt help in the rare contacts. The Apache with 100W worked the HMS Belfast and many other rare stations. Hey This was about grounding wasnt it?... :) Sorry, I got carried away in memories.