Guardlogix SNN - same program, multiple machine

fboivin

Hi,

I have an application where I have 3 machines with the same PLC program. The PLC program have to be downloadable in any of the 3 machines

The 3 machines have a maintenance station. I need to identify the machine when they are on the maintenance station. I tought to use the produced/consumed safety tag because it identifies the PLC by it's SNN then I realized that I will be pushing the same SNN in all the PLC by downloading the same program (well I think?)

So the first question is: is there a way to keep a unique SNN in the differents PLC (i don't have them all now i will only be able to test on site)

Second question is: is there a way to read that value in the ladder loggic? I would like each machine to know who they are

Thanks!

if you have two spare discrete inputs, you could hardwire them to a combination of 1s and/or 0s unique to each station. Perhaps there could be a DIP switch pack wired into the two terminals, and each station has a picture of how the switches should be set if maintenance has to replacie a PLC.

Also, it is possible that the Hardware (MAC) Address is available programmatically, although would require updating the program if a PLC were replaced.

Last edited: