Help-Allen Bradley Dongle

Mueller34

Looking for some advice. Currently we use 1 laptop in my facility to run Rs Logix 500. We are getting Studio 5000 and i would like to be run logix 500 and studio 5000 now on 2 different laptops and a desktop. We would only have the one license for each, and I know I can contact support to help get the license for rs logix 500 moved to the dongle. Can both licenses be on one dongle? I am just curious about ease of setting up the dongle, and after its set up, if it just a plug and play on all 3 devices.

Thanks,
Eli

Yes, you can have one dongle whose unique identifier is used to generate the *.LIC file for each of those software packages.

Each PC will get the *.LIC file (it's just text) and when you plug in the dongle, FactoryTalk Activation will tell each Rockwell software application that it's activated. I think the modern dongles have conventional USB storage too, so you can just leave the *.LIC on the dongle.

The only complicated part is "re hosting" your existing RSLogix 500 activation to use the dongle's ID instead of something characteristic of that PC (network interface or HDD volume ID). That usually requires an Internet connection and a call to RA Tech Support.

Recommend the Dongle I have been using it for years
I have most of my Rockwell licenses on the Dongle the PLC2 and PLC# are not available on the Dongle.
It's great when you have to change or upgrade your computer