help for timer problem--noob

I started converting your program to LogixPro so I could run it in the simulator. I got to Rung 22 where I received the error message "Too many instructions", and the program refused to accept any more!

LogixPro is limited, but it should be able to handle this logic. I will look at rungs where different, but more efficient logic would work. Maybe I can shorten it enough to allow the remaining 4 rungs to be entered.

I managed to shorten it to 18 rungs. I used only the same 2 timers to flash the "winner" lights for each player, saving 4 timers and several rungs. Also used a standard Output coil in place of the Set and Reset coils for the Score light outputs. Here is the LogixPro program. I kept it like your Click program up until about rung 8. The last 8 are condensed to fit into the LogixPro program, but you could also condense your Click program using the equivalent instructions.

I had to ZIP the PDF file also to make it fit the site size restrictions.

Last edited:
Looking again (strange how errors only become obvious after the program is posted), I see an error on rungs 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, and 15. Each of those rungs needs another branch that causes the lights to blink only when the Counter for that Player = 3.

Here is a quick fix for the LogixPro RSL file type.

Last edited:
Don't worry, the third timer issue got most of us too. I know it stumped most of my class.