Help required on C7-633

Dear geeks,
I find myself to be a noob when it comes to PLCs. But recently I have to deal with a system that incorporates Siemens C7-633 PLC.
The PLCs are used to control the power of Induction Generators.

1. We have two Induction Generators that are equipped with Siemens C7-633 PLCs. Both the PLCs are powered by SITOP Power Flexi 6EP1-333-3BA00 and 6EP1-353-2BA00.

2. The architecture of both the generators is exactly the same except for the power output.

3. One of the Generators was lying spare for over three years and the other one was in operation.

4. The spare one was put on operation last week but all the LEDs on the HMI started to blink all at once. We figured out that there was a problem with the battery so we changed the battery. The blinking stopped but an error popped up on the LCD after the PLC ran all self-tests and resulted in OK status.

5. As I have seen, the messages that appear on the LCD are all the same as they were in normal operation. The program is intact as the program menus appear in a normal fashion but as the system gets ready to get the user input, an error pops up preventing us the further use of the system.

6. One more thing that we did was that we connected the same PLC to the other generator that was in normal operation. We detached the working PLC and attached this one. The error again popped up.

7. But to our astonishment, when the working PLC was re-attached, it also started showing the very same message.
8. Now the net result is that both the units are not working.
Please see the attached file for error message.
Also one more thing, I have a PPI cable that I used to connect S7-200 Micro PLC with PC. Please advise if I can use the same for connecting C7 to PC/PG.

Urgent help needed on this....
Error.jpg
3vg2v57gz

Last edited: