High Speed Counter on 1769-L24ER-QBFC1B

n8diesel87

Hi

I'm newish to the PLC world and have a little test/learning rig put together at work. I have a micrologix 1100 and a 1769-L24ER-QBFC1B, I also have this 12v DC motor with encoder...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metal-Ge...var=651662860923&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I managed to get the encoder set up and I was able to see the pulse count fairly easily on the micrologix by using the following Tim Wilborne video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRSjloPHHc8

However I cannot get the same thing happening on the L24er. I have wired my 2 encoder output wires into AO+ AND AO- and the 12v dc common into COM 0 on my terminal block, but I cant seem to get see any sort of pulse count in my controller tags.

I have searched this forum and tried every suggestion and config parameter I have seen, looked at the Rockwell 1769-UM006E document, the l24 manual and a couple code samples I found online but nothing has worked thus far.

I have the counter enable bit set to 1 in the output config array, and tried so many different parameters but just cant get it work. I know this little DC moto and encoder is pulsing ok because when i transfer it back to the Micrologix it immediatly starts counting up.

Does anybody know what I need to do to configure the HSC and see a pulse count?

Thanks!