Hilscher NT 100-RE-DN Gateway

Just added the shield cable, now I get error code 75 'no traffic from other modules on the network"
I believe error code 75 is normal if you have an empty scanlist.

I still cant see the NT 100 on the browse. I see my U2DN and the scanner though.
Make sure it is set for the same baud rate as the rest of the network (already mentioned, but bears repeating)

I believe error code 75 is normal if you have an empty scanlist.

Make sure it is set for the same baud rate as the rest of the network (already mentioned, but bears repeating)

I see, yeah I made sure my scanner channel 1 is at 125k baud, switch 1 and 2 is both off "0" , and the devicenet slave on the NT100 is also 125k.

Hoepfully I hear back from Hilscher tomorrow

Just to cover the basics, double-checking. Your DeviceNet bus has 24 VDC between the red and the back cable, correct?

yes sir, i have a power supply providing 24v to the devicenet trunk, i tested with power off 60 ohms between blue and white wire.

my run only has the scanner and the nt 100,

maybe ill redo all wires to ensure better contact

In general, Hilscher makes top-quality fieldbus interfaces.

Examine and post the condition of the "MNS" LED above the DeviceNet plug. That's the only physical indicator of the network status for that NetTap 100.

In general, Hilscher makes top-quality fieldbus interfaces.

Examine and post the condition of the "MNS" LED above the DeviceNet plug. That's the only physical indicator of the network status for that NetTap 100.

It lives! Solid connection, loaded the EDS file from Hilscher and the 1771 SDN gave it an ok

The problem was, I thought I wrote the right firmware, but upon closer inspection th firmware loaded was a Profinet slave to deviceNet slave. It needs to be Profinet master to devicenet slave.

Once I slowed down and double check the message, everything went green. Even the MNS Led on the NT 100, 1771-SDN shows nno error code

My last step is getting the EDS file of whatever remote IO I will be using and loading it into SYCON.net so that it can be added to the project and then signal mapping.

Thank you Ken and everyone for chiming in!