Hmi issues- only alarms appear, no warnings

joerack

Hi,
I'm using tia portal v16 with physical plc 1211c and simulated Hmi TP700 comfort.

plc and hmi are connected correctly.

I have 2 arrays of 32bits one for alarms and 1 for warnings, while hmi reads 4 words each. All alarms are displayed at the right moment

My issue is with the warnings=> My "turn on power" should appear as a msg (no ack) warning to turn the power on.
Nothing appears tho. I've tried everything. Warning is configured correctly as class and is enabled in hmi alm. box, double checked from plc DB the correct bit is up

What else should i do? Thx

In the HMI Alarms list, the text (in the displayed language!) is correct, the alarm class, trigger tag, trigger bit, trigger address are all correct?

In the alarm view on the alarm screen, under general, display, alarm class, enable, the warning checkbox is checked?

If all of this seems ok, make an indicator (whatever kind doesn't matter) on a screen and tie it to the warning trigger bit and see if the HMI is actually seeing this bit turn on.

I've solved it. if plc declares bools, hmi can read alarms as words no problem.
But messages must be declared as words from plc or hmi will not read