How bad is serial encapsulation over Radio, and is that the only concern?

Can you get a service level agreement from the cellular vendors that specifies damages for downtime?
We have a company wide agreement with a very large cell co. They are actually putting in repeaters for us in remote locations.

While I doubt they be willing to do an agreement like that, I see no reliability issue with their infrastructure. I can't recall a single instance of outage in the last few years we have this going. Due to cost, it wont' be my first choice but there are benefits like I can just connect up to remote site as if the equipment is right next to me without involve large amount of IT effort.

Similar Topics

Hi All: I've taken a new job where I need to purchase my own laptop. The company will help finanace an IBM T40 which has reviewed well but has...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am brand new here :cool:. I'm limited in my controls knowledge but always trying to learn more. I recently started working at a...
Replies
Views
Dear All, I have an Mitsubishi PLC (FX1N-40MR) and PLC backup was taken and i compiled the program and its showing 0 error. then I tried to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have anyone came across issue with Kepware or Linkmaster not returning correct values (Unknown Quality) for some tags From OPC DA Client...
Replies
Views
I have run into a problem with my first time installing a 2080-OF2 module on a Micro820 and have a hunch that the module itself - brand new out of...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom