How can I pass a 'timer' into an FB in Step 7?

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I have an FB that I've created that uses a timer. At the moment I've just given it an address (T 71) but I'd like to be able to pass that value into the block in order to make the block 'reusable'. In other words, is there a way of passing a value into the block through the Variable Declaration Table that the block can then use as a timer.?

I can't see anything resembling this in the 'data types' but I wondered if you can pass a number as an integer and then do some clever-stuff in the FB to make it into a timer designation??

Any ideas? Or do S5Timers have to be directly addressed??

Many thanks

;-)

S5 timers can be added as IN-parameter only.
Ie you assign a timer to the variable when you call the block and inside the FB you can use it as #Timer for example.

That's working a treat now (once I'd figured out to look in the 'Multiple Instances' folder for the STAT timer).

Many thanks to LD, Peter, Turpo and Jeebs for your (always) excellent help.

;-))