How do you handle "writer's block"

Fortunate...

Fortunately, my job is in an area where there is usually something different everyday... But, like others I have felt the need to create... I have found that using a program like Visual Basic and creating simple program is very relaxing... When stumped on a better way to do a PLC program I have also found that the sleep technique works very well for me...
🤾

I find I am creative in different areas in different times of the day. I do better drawing and designing earlier in the day, best at calculations and writing in the middle of the day, and for some reason best at programming late in the day.

When I am really stuck, I try explaining the problem to my wife. She knows enough to ask a lot of good questions, but not always enough to come up with solutions. An amazing number of times, though, explaining the problem to her triggers something in my brain that makes a solution jump out.

Sometimes, even if I'm not really cooking, I just plug and chug and try something even if I'm not sure it will work. Eventually it leads me to a good solution, if nothing else by process of eliminating bad ideas!

go play golf and don't keep score.

walking, jogging, running whichever suits you.

smell the roses and cheer somebody up.