how to disable printer port in PanelView 550

sanjay_snj

i went to the configuration mode in panel view 550 and went to printer set up page. i found the port was enabled. i tried to disable it by pressing F6 button (as these are toggle buttons), but it is not getting disabled. i tried other kunction keys, and found them working.

can any one help me

sanjay

IF the printer port is configured in the panelview program then it cannot be disabled if use downloaded configuration settings is set in the application. See below;

Configure the printer port

Most PanelView terminals have an RS-232 that supports printing. (The PanelView 300 Micro terminal does not have a printer port.) The communication and print parameters for this port are defined on the Printer tab of the Application Settings dialog.
On some terminals, the RS-232 port supports both downloading applications and printing. The Auxiliary Port Usage area of the Terminal Setup dialog shows how the port is being used. If printing is enabled, the port is configured using settings on the Printer tab.

To edit the configuration of the printer port:

1 On the Application menu, click Settings.

2 Click the Printer tab.

3 Under Auxiliary Port Setup, set the communication parameters for the port. The initial defaults are:

Baud Rate 9600
Parity None
Data Bits 8
Stop Bits 1
Handshaking None
4 Under Printer Configuration, define the format for printing pages and the string that will initialize the printer after communications is established. The initial defaults are:

Left Margin 0
Page Width 80
Perforation Skip Value 6
EOL Char CR
Page Length 66
New Page Control Form Feed
Printer Initialization String Null string
5 Click the Save as Defaults button to save the current settings as the default.

If you don’t save the settings, they will revert back to the original settings when you exit the dialog.

Notes

§ The printer port settings are downloaded with the application if Use downloaded configuration settings is selected on the Power-Up tab of the Application Settings dialog.

§ On the Printer Setup screen of the PanelView terminal’s configuration mode menu, select the Top of Form setting to verify that the terminal and printer are both set correctly.

Allen-Bradley Company, LLC, Copyright © 1993-2002, All Rights Reserved