How to know when KEPServerEX will require tags?

I just got another reply from that Chris Morehead guy and he just doubled down pointing to the product page saying they're all PLCs with safety features and KEPServer don't support that. But the knowledge base article that he linked to talks about GuardLogix devices which I already told him this PLC is not. That's the MS version on the part number.

been there done that. I asked a question about changing the tcp port number used in kepware and the chick came back and asked why I was trying to use ethernet with a micrologix 1400 that it didnt have an ethernet port.

I believe I mentioned that...

Sorry, didn't know what that meant. :(

Not knowing all the details/Hows/Whys, it just seems odd for a read to be ok but for a write you have to tell it the data type. Another guy swears he did a project and did not have to do that. ???

Last edited: