how to run rslogics on a desktop and a laptop

Hi Joe,

IF you are using the floppy as your key (so the older version) you can use the floppy to move the key to your laptop... then use the floppy without the key to run your desktop.

I have not tried it before but I am 99% sure you can

Also like I said you need the older floppy version of the key

the newer versions which no longer use the floppy can use a USB key that you must purchase seperately. you cannot run both computers at the same time.

A standard usb key can hold both evrsi activations as well as factory talk activations. I am doing both on the same key and it is just an off the shelf unit from best buy.

You do need a special version of evmove called evmove CF to get the activation onto the USB drive

Hope that helps

Marc

PS i have this text on my jump drive so I don't forget. If you use evmove, the activation will be lost!

Use EVMOVECF to move the activation FROM the Master (floppy) disk, or harddrive, TO the USB Flash Drive
- EVMOVECF looks and operates just like EVMOVEW, the difference is that EVMOVECF is designed to recognize Compact Flash Drives.
Use EVMOVEW to move the activation FROM the USB Flash Drive TO the Harddrive of the designated machine

I don't move them after the first transfer, I just plug in the jump drive and Rockwell Software finds it on the drive

You could also network the 2 together and map the drives then move the activations to/from the mapped drive. You could also install virtual pc 2007 with any os and move the activation to it then shut down save changes and restart. Now move the activation back to another drive, shut down virtual pc without saving changes and voilla you now have 2 keys.

You may use a usb NIC and it's hardware address as a Host ID the same way you would use a dongle. Or, if the two computers are on the same network, you can use one as an activation server and let it loan out the license as you move between machines.

Last edited:
Several years ago I ditched using a desktop. Now I have only a laptop + docking station + a big monitor & full sized keyboard. When I'm at my desk I dock the laptop. Its the best of both worlds and I never have to mess around with transferring files between computers.