how to run siemens plc software application in windows 7

Is that Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit. I'm absolutely sure that Siemens Step 7 does not run under 64 bit. In fact the upcoming Portal won't run under 64 bit windows, at least at first.

Not sure about 32 bit though.

I don't think there's a problem running Siemens in 32 bit W7 ? At least not the latest version 5.5 (and I also think 5.4 was fine).

But if you are unsure you could download VMWare Player for free. Windows 7 comes with the ability to run XP as a virtual machine. You can use VMWare (other virtual machine software applications are available) to run XP and then install Siemens in your virtual XP environment. I've done this with S5 and it works a treat.

;-)

* Jesper beat me to it... ;-) *

my windows 7 is 32 bit. thank you guys for your quick reply more power and god bless. this surely solve my problem