HSCE, Resetting

READ MY PREVIOUS POST!!!

Quote:
Read page 6-2 of THIS manual. Mainly the fact that this example resets at 30,000. I was looking for code to do with the reset and realized this example has not ladder for the reset.

Go on to page 6-5 and look at the bottom. M0:3.34 is where you put your limits that Panic was talking about. This one has 30,000 in it, the same value it reset at. Since you say 3000 is the maximum your count would be I would set it around 10,000 and let us know what happens

Thanks I have. Does the bottom of page 6-5 not say that m0:e.34 is either the reset value, or the maximum count depending on the configuration, which i have set up as a linear counter meaning that when a reset condition occurs, the counter will reset to the value in m0:e.34

Can you give me a little info on how you have it wired(from what to what terminal)? I'm looking at your hold bit

I assume you mean how the hsce card is wired.

0V dc, from power supply to terminal A-
Return wire from photo-eye wired thru a 4700 ohm resistor, into terminal A+.

LS Com, wired to O:9 L1, on my out card
LS (24 Vdc) wired to o:9A on output card
Above wiring is for the reset.

The hold bit is a soft contact from one of my plc outputs ( I want the counter to stop counting when my machine is diverting bad product)

One thing you might try is changing M0:11.34 to 1000 or anything besides zero. Then watch it and see if the value goes to 0 or the value you put in