IDEC Microsmart and Panelview 300 Communication

Welcome to the Forum !

Because A-B has used the "PanelView" name for at least five different product families and dozens of models, the cardinal rule of PanelView questions is "What is the full part number" ?

The PanelView 300 Standard terminal cannot connect with anything but Allen-Bradley controllers*.

The PanelView 300 Component terminal is what I imagine you're using, since it does have embedded Kepware data servers.

The PV Component data servers are listed in the User Manual and in this RA Knowledgebase document 54383.

None of the serial protocols appear to be IDEC-specific. Does the Microsmart support Modbus protocol ? That might be the common denominator between these products.

The FC4A indeed does not fully support the modbus protocol. I believe you can do something along these lines but I was told the UK distributor that it was not easy.

The FC5A Microsmart Pentra does support the Modbus protocol.

Jon.