Import JPG / BMP files into FactoryTalk View Studio 5.10.00

Steve Cav

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to import a JPG / BMP file into Factory Talk View Studio? I tried going to Objects, Import but I only get to import dxf or wmf files.

Also can animation be added to a picture?

Basically, I have a Powerpoint slide containing a large number of valves etc and I would like to import this to the Panelview and add animation rather than spend several hours re-drawing it. Is this possible?

Under the folder "Graphics" -> "Images" right click and select "Add components to the application"
Browse to the location and select what to import.

You can use the build-in "Symbol factory" components and overlays.
You have to add the animation to your components though.
Or you can "Crop" the acual valve from the background and do some photo shop work to show both states and such.
still have to drive the animation based on code.
Use the "Visibility" option of the tag.

Imported the image but it shows up as a blue background with an x in it i.e. it doesn't show the picture

Last edited: