Industrial Webcam

RockyLeafs

Hello all,

I'm looking for ideas or solutions on having a industrial webcam or IP camera that we could use on our equipment to help monitor and service it with remote access.

We have a lot of machine in far-far away lands. We have good remote access units and can easily connect to the machine like we are standing next to it, but a lot of the times we cant see visually what is actually going on, and the vague "i dont know its just not working' response we get from customer isn't doing it.. I'd say 75% of the time a simple video of the problem seems to help us understand the problem better and correct it quickly.

I've been looking for industrial cameras we could mount on top of panels or guarding, but seems everything is either wireless (meaning we need to rely on customer wifi if they have it and let us have access to it) or POE (which we rarely have on our equipment). I'd prefer a camera with a simply 24VDC or 120VAC supply and LAN port, and use that to connect to our remote access devices and be able to view from our laptops. Bonus if it has Pan/Tilt/Zoom options as well.

If anyone has any experience or recommendations I'd gladly like to investigate into these further.

I like Mobotix, but they aren't exactly inexpensive.

They have flexible mounting and power delivery features, models suited for use in tougher environments, and have an extensive amount of capabilities and baked-in options.

NFS/FTP recording targets are supported. Data delivered to these targets is unencrypted and directly viewable.

Under the hood they run Linux (for what it's worth).

Last edited:
Just went through this recently with a customer, ultimately we were able to use the Wyze Pan V3's as we had wireless we could rely on.

One thing to look into is if the camera's can record audio, and the laws regarding that. We ended up opening up the camera's and disconnecting the microphones.