Inflection point in polynomial cam profile

aand74

If a polynomial is used in a cam-profile for motion control, you normally have the option to displace the inflection point from the standard 0.5 (symmetric) to a value between 0 and 1. What could be good reasons to displace this inflection point? Is this done often?

A third order polynomial can have 2 inflection points.
What do you mean by 0 to 1? The distance between points can be anything.
What are you really trying to do? You have asked questions about target generators before.
Usually an inflection point is a place where the maximum or minimum position or velocity occurs. It is wise to check if the maximum or minimum position exceeds the positive or negative limits.

Similar Topics

Good morning, I have a question regarding some point I/O modules. We use 1734-IE2V modules to measure the tension of a fiber, but we have quite a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have some problem with View Point which I'm using to manual control of conveyors. On begin when in network was only PLC and HMI View Point...
Replies
Views
I have a bunch of tags in Historian/VantagePoint that off by one decimal point. I looked into the HMI displaying the same number, and the HMI is...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I have a Emerson/GE PLC with Cimplicity SCADA. I need to export data of a specific point/object to a CSV file and load the CSV file...
Replies
Views
Dear We are working in AB Studio 5000 and the drive is a PowerFlex 755T. For this project I need to control a conveyor to a certain set point...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom