Integration of a Siemens UPS in a Siemens PLC System

Hi Andrew,

I have not checked the exact components you have specified, but I think it is not correct. Your battery is on the same circuit as your PLC. I believe the UPS component should handle the switching between external and battery power.

Attached a drawing from one of our system.

UPS.jpg

We're all across the net aren't we, lol.

Looks better to me, but I'll let someone who know the actual equipment you are using answer if it is correct. Little bit confused as to what the PM and UPS modules do.

Same goes for the question about the function blocks and face plates, we just use the digital signals from our UPS module.

Hello

well , for me PM is the good old PS-307(converts AC to 24V DC) . To be honest I'm not so sure what PS is doing ,altough I read that PS supplies the leds and module electronic while PM is used to feed the input/output circuit of the modules as well as the sensors and actuators of the plant, if installed.

Regards
Andrew

Nope. It wouldn't be backed up then. The arrow all the way to the right is to the cpu.

Right . Obviously:) .

The thing is , I 'm having both Power Module
and System Power Suply and I can't say
where is it going to be wired the incoming
24 V voltage from UPS1600. To PM or to PS?

My guess is PS , but siemens manual doesn't say exactly which one.

Regards
Andrew

The ps takes your 110/230 and supplies 24 vdc right?
This supplies ups component that handles batteries and changeover
Output from ups goes to all secured equipment. Not sure what pm does. Isn't this some kind of booster for the individual components?

Nope. The PM does that(120/230AC -> 24V DC) and is sending 24V to PS(System Power Supply) . PS takes 24V from PM and supplies the CPU .

It looks to me that PS can be optional , but my system includes both of them.

That's why I'm confused and I don't know where to wire the incoming 24 V from UPS: to PM or to PS .

Regards
Andrew

Gotya. Unsure what to tell you, you might want to send Siemens an email and ask them.