Interface 1761-NET-ENI

I have had some ENI that were tough to talk to for some reason in the past.

Have you tried different settings in the utilities settings tab for like the com port and baud settings?

I have also had to "load from ENI"to get coms started with some units while on others it was just type in the info and download.

Bob O said:
I have had some ENI that were tough to talk to for some reason in the past.

Have you tried different settings in the utilities settings tab for like the com port and baud settings?

I have also had to "load from ENI"to get coms started with some units while on others it was just type in the info and download.

Bob, I would agree with what you are saying, if I wasn't using the factory defaults. I basically pulled this thing out of the box, plugged it in to the switch, connected it to the MicroLogix 1500 and that was it. I made no configuration changes. It ran for an entire week with the power being turned on and off at different times. I was able to connect to the PLC remotely and all.

All of a sudden, the power is cycled one night and the module has its configuration changed? No blinking red fault light? No communication on COMM0 of the PLC? That doesn't seem right.

-Tom

Within the ENI utility you need to "Save To > ENI ROM". Otherwise the settings you make are only stored into RAM and will be lost during a power cycle. Good idea to RTFM in order to CYA.

will the converter rs232 to ip work for a pannelview 600 with a rs232 port? to download and upload using rslinx? on another bit....can I use a common rs232 converter to ip and a ip to com software from other 3rd parties>? suggestions? anyone try this?

Hello!

Problem with my Net-Eni. Ser. D

Steady Red... (fatal error?)

No ENI Utility work..... via Micrologix std cable..

I read the manual but no solution for this problem yet....

Attempt a firmware update over ethernet to 3.22 (I think). I've never had an ENI fault steady red so I don;t know if this will work. All my series D ENIs began behaving quite nicely when I updated from 3.21.

Problem with the 1761 NET ENI / D

Bob, I would agree with what you are saying, if I wasn't using the factory defaults. I basically pulled this thing out of the box, plugged it in to the switch, connected it to the MicroLogix 1500 and that was it. I made no configuration changes. It ran for an entire week with the power being turned on and off at different times. I was able to connect to the PLC remotely and all.

All of a sudden, the power is cycled one night and the module has its configuration changed? No blinking red fault light? No communication on COMM0 of the PLC? That doesn't seem right.

-Tom

Hi tom

What happens with the 1761 NET ENI, i have the same problem.

Thank

MODERATOR REQUEST:

If you have a new question, please create a new Thread for that question.

Go back one level in the Forum to the "LIVE PLC Questions & Answers" page, and use the Start a New Thread button.

newthread.gif

If your question is directly related to an old question, you can link to the old question by copy/pasting the URL of the old thread into your new thread.

Specific comments about this post: This thread is several years old and features multiple topic changes, so when you create your new thread please post details about your specific 1761-NET-ENI application, revisions, and specific problem symptoms.

Also: Welcome to the forum !

Attempt a firmware update over ethernet to 3.22 (I think). I've never had an ENI fault steady red so I don;t know if this will work. All my series D ENIs began behaving quite nicely when I updated from 3.21.

Thanks. Steady Red Solved.

Before the upgrade 3.22, Net Eni Behavior

• No RS232 Communication works
  • No Ethernet Comunications works
  • No com re-director Works
  • No Net/ENI Utility Works via (ethernet and RS232)
  • Reset Net/Eni via Programming ladder Logic over RSLogix 500/5000.(No works)
  • No Boot DHCP WORKS.
  • Every moment when Connected Net/Eni to SLC or L34... FAULT the controller
  • NO RSLinx Detection.
  • When I add the IP Address on the Web browser, web page blocked (No Works)

The only thing that it works were the CMD ping. ( only works whith the last IP in this case was 129.123.226.30)

Upgrade

• Only Download the firmware.
  • Open and put the last Ip Addresss 129.123.226.30

After Upgrade.

All the stuff that I mentioned runs perfect.

I hope these info helps others.

Regards.

-AJ:book:

Awesome to hear that did the trick. I forgot to mention that you need to ground the external power supply ground terminal whether or not you're using external power.

Ken, I saw your request and hope you don't think I am ignoring it. He replied here and I had to as well.

Last edited: