Invalid apa file FactoryTalk

host machine: FTView SE V8.00.00, Win10 Pro 64
RA test / VM: FTView Studio V8.10.00, Win 10 Pro 64

Does not having FTView SE on the test machine causing my problem? i was under hte impression that as long as i had studio, i could open the file and even test view it for up to 2 hours... will that not work here?

I'll have to defer to the experts here, I have never used SE. Look at the extracted application, the APA appears to be for SE, not ME.

Is your version 8.00.00 system a 32bit OS?
If it is, I believe you will NOT be able to restore it with a 64bit OS because of incompatible tag databases.
afaik this applies only to version 6 and earlier. In version 6.1 and later both 32 and 64-bit applications used the newer tag database.

What is your "Goal" for FTV SE on the laptop?
The reason I ask is there are several option for an SE application install.
The three options are 1. View SE (Network Distributed), 2. View SE (Network Station), 3. View SE (Local Station)

the main goal is to migrate the archive over and make sure i understand the process, before we remove the old PC. once the new PC is up, i will set up VMware with win10x64 and then do a FTV install, and then load the archive.

i just want to make sure it will work for me and i understand the process/steps needed to do it.