is this correct? (consultation on going..)

theripley

Hi

We will be making a conveyor system for a rectangular-shaped rubber (dim: 40x20 mm)..This conveyor is approximately 8 meters long, yes 8 meters long ( if you have any suggestions on designing a conveyor this long carrying very, very light material, I would be grateful).

I am planning to use a motor having this torque & rpm respectively (11.4 kgf-m & 17.5 rpm <@ 60 Hz>)..The pulley that drives conveyor is 50 mm dia, I would like to convert my rpm to m/s..This is how I do it:

17.5 rpm(2 rad) = 35rad/min
35 rad/min = 0.583 rad/sec

*considering 50 mm dia pulley

linear velocity = 50 mm(0.58rad/sec)
= 29.0 mm/sec

Meaning the conveyor runs @ this speed? (very slow indeed)

Similar Topics

Daft question coming up...When I want to modify a value, what's the best/correct way to do this? At the moment, I am entering the value (e.g...
Replies
Views
Good day. I encountered a problem when calibrating a channel on the IF16H module. The module is located in the local backplane along with the...
Replies
Views
I have some programs that i received from 1 of our programmers whos installing a new machine in our plant. He added them to a external hard drive...
Replies
Views
Hi, At the moment, If the user fails to provide a valid username/password, the image attached appears "Invalid password or user name. Logon has...
Replies
Views
Hi, In a Direct On Line circuit for CW and CCW operation of a 3 phase motor, what is the right way to interlock the contactors. 1) Use a NC...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom