Issues going online with plc using TIA V13

stayclashy80

Hey guys, so I'm having issues going online with a plc using TIA V13. I feel like I must be missing something basic in my understanding. New to Siemens. When I try to go online it gives me a bunch of drop down menu options for type of PG/PC interface and connection. I've tried them all but cant get online with my plc.

tia v13 trying to go online with plc.jpg

Which interface of your PLC are you connected to?

You need to change the laptop IP to the same subnet as your PLC.

This is the most common route, and most reliable.

As an alternative, you can also choose to connect to a Subnet instead of an interface (Often something like "PN/IE_1"), and then TIA will try to autoassign itself an IP in the correct range. This usually works, unless Windows routing shenanigans are in play.

Some shenanigans are in play. I was able to get my co-worked to help me. I should have clarified earlier. It is a laptop but we are using it like a desktop. It is at a dedicated station on the network. I normally can connect to 20 different plc's fine with this laptop. He said for some reason the plc that I was trying to connect to was incorrectly setup on the wrong network and that's why it wouldn't connect. So we took the laptop out into the field and connected to it by changing the laptop's ip address like what was recommended and it worked. All good now. Thanks guys

See if you can ping, or, tracert the connection? Maybe that IP is on another switch where this workstation does not have access to due to a Vlan config by your IT group.

You could change your mask to 255.255.0.0 see if you can see it that way.