Job Interview as a junior Control Engineer

Good Morning Everyone,
I would like to thank you every single person who gave me advice on my interview!

I got a job offer! yay!! I am going to start at the end of this month as a junior control engineer for an automotive company :)

Thank you again,

Congratulations. Although you didn't ask for them, here's a couple of tips about the job:

- Be helpful, but assertive about your rights. It is very common to be called at ungodly hours or be expected to put in extra time without additional pay or benefits. If you see a chance of this happening, stand your ground and don't work for free. Mind you that an employer can pay you in more ways than with a pay check. Training, perks, flexibility and so on can be more valuable than X dollars per month.

- Look elsewhere for other opportunities every now and then. Your boss ain't going to be looking how much more he can be paying you.

Edit:
- Clarify very well their travel policy... your car is not theirs and if extensive travel is required, your body will suffer.

Congratulations. Although you didn't ask for them, here's a couple of tips about the job:

- Be helpful, but assertive about your rights. It is very common to be called at ungodly hours or be expected to put in extra time without additional pay or benefits. If you see a chance of this happening, stand your ground and don't work for free. Mind you that an employer can pay you in more ways than with a pay check. Training, perks, flexibility and so on can be more valuable than X dollars per month.

- Look elsewhere for other opportunities every now and then. Your boss ain't going to be looking how much more he can be paying you.

Edit:
- Clarify very well their travel policy... your car is not theirs and if extensive travel is required, your body will suffer.

cardosocea,

Thank you for a great advice!

I am in their in-house facilities for now and going to shadow sr control engineer so there will be no traveling in the first year or two. Also, I have discussed over time and company has paid time off policy or 1.5 times pay, depend if they are busy or no.

Thank you again for pointing out these issues I might have in future and I will keep these points in my mind.

Best,

Haha sorry for the slow reply! I had that nasty virus that's been going around and was off my feet for a few days. Back at it now!