kw to kwH from Meter -- value Reset

raul_vaze

Dear All ,

We are reading from Energy meter over modbus the kW and KWH in plc . Now customer wants the KWH consumption / day and month , but the problem is that the kwH reading in meter reset to 0 when the value goes above 999999 which causes my calculation in plc goes wrong and i get negative consumption as my previous day stored value is much higher than the current reading ( in case the meter resets to zero ).

So is it possible to have the KWH derived from the KW reading coming from the meter

Dear All ,

We are reading from Energy meter over modbus the kW and KWH in plc . Now customer wants the KWH consumption / day and month , but the problem is that the kwH reading in meter reset to 0 when the value goes above 999999 which causes my calculation in plc goes wrong and i get negative consumption as my previous day stored value is much higher than the current reading ( in case the meter resets to zero ).

So is it possible to have the KWH derived from the KW reading coming from the meter

You just have to handle in your calculation in the PLC that the meter wraps around.
You still have all the info you need, so no KWh will be lost.

Code:
if new_reading < old_reading 
   then kWh=1000000-old_reading+new_reading
   else kWh=new_reading-old_reading