Laser Curtain - Array

craigsimon

I'm looking for a device that looks sort of like a light curtain, but I need to know the distance a product is away every 0.5"-0.75" in a vertical line. Sort of like a whole bunch of laser distance sensors put in a vertical line. Accuracy is not critical, but measurement distance needs to be up to 36".

Thanks

http://www.joescan.com
http://deltamotion.com/peter/Pictures/jeff2.gif
A 3d image from two scanners, a left and right scanner coded red and green.
The Joe scan camera is a line scan camera that can record the profile of an object as it moves underneath the camera. Usually the camera frame rate is triggered by an encoder.

The saw mill industry has been doing this since the early 80s.

This might work. I will investigate farther. The biggest issue with this type of scanner is that it is line of sight from one point. My vertical sensing distance I need is 72", so if I'm locating the device in the center, and I have something sticking out, the laser doesn't pick up stuff above it. That is the problem I have with using a laser safety scanner. I also, need the data along the 72" continiously.

Thanks