Laser Pointer

[attachment]

or is it zoom out?

Notice the foot deep pile of dust that the driver has to step into when getting out of the truck when parking as I did. They tend to crowd the stacker a bit more.

I received an e-mail from Lacey Harmer rep,

Hi Brian.
Thank you for your inquiry regarding our Laharco Laser Products.
For your laser alignment applications, which requires an approx. 200ft line, we
Recommend our Model GLD9830 (30mW) Green Laser Diode. The GLD9830
Is our brightest laser. To project a 200ft long line, the application would need to be
Indoors and the darker the lighting conditions the brighter the laser line will appear.
The cost for the GLD9830 is $3,500.00 USD each. You can purchase directly from
Us.
The ambient operating temperature for most of our lasers range from
-10`C, -20`C, -40`C to 40/50`C. High heat is more of a concern than colder temperatures.
It does not sound like the laser line thickness is an issue for you ?
We have included some information on this product as well as some other laser models
(see attachments).
I would like to discuss your application with you. There may be other less expensive
Units that may also be suitable for your application.
Please feel free to call me @ 1-800-367-9992.
Sincerely,
Rory McLean

I am going to check with Rory to see if they have a less expensive option,

Brian.

BTW for those who followed my 1 drive three motors thread, this is the beast in question.

stacker3.jpg

Last edited:
Would this be a LIFO or a FIFO type parking arrangement?

If this is a LIFO, I would always be the last to show up.

If this is a FIFO, I would always be the first to show up.

HUH? A night shift? With morning-time back-fill!!! Damn!

Either way, it seems to suck some really dirty canal water.

I can't see the laser working at all.

How about a set of really, really, deep (and maybe narrow) tire ruts that are cleaned out once a week. Eventually they will learn to ride low in the left rut.

Or, how about a fence on the right side? No big trucks allowed. If you fold your passenger mirror in, you might make it.

Or maybe, reverse curb-whiskers (most of you don't have any idea what curb-whiskers are).
These would be curb-whiskers mounted on the curb instead of the car.
Of course, by the looks of it, "hearing" a curb-whisker, or anything else, for that matter, might not be a realistic option.
However, if the "whiskers" are severe enough, the drivers might learn to hear.

Of course, the drivers do need to open their doors...

However, there is always... "PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK".

That's one ugly environment, Sliver. Nice photos! If there's a constant, heavy, dust cloud like that one, I suppose a laser could do the trick (if it were powerful enough to get through the dust, and stayed clean). Of course, you could just leave some poor sucker's truck parked in the wrong spot as a message to others. :D

AK

FIFO, LIFO lets see...

FIFO as long as someone doesn't drive in the opposite way and block you.
LIFO if someone does block you and you have visibilty enough to back out.

If your lucky it's FILIFO, unlucky it's FIFU, :)

Brian.